- who are exposed to neglect, abandonment, domestic violence and poverty in socially vulnerable neighborhoods (all countries).
- who live in criminal neighborhoods, “child headed families” (South Africa, Colombia, Argentina).
- who suffer from collective trauma because of war and forced migration (Palestine, Colombia, Malaysia and Germany).
- who suffer loss and grief from natural catastrophes (Earthquakes 2008 in Sechuan Province, 2009 in Tibet and 2011 in Italy).
- with mental special needs (China and Colombia).
- with physical special needs for example children with cleft lip and cleft palate syndrome (Bogotà, Medellin, Kali – Colombia).
- with educational special needs (Romania).
- saved from sex traffic and prostitution (Colombia and Malaysia).
- with life limiting illnesses (Colombia).
- with chronic illnesses who remain in hospital for more than 3 months: diabetes, obesity, gastrointestinal problems (Colombia).
- waiting for adoption(Colombia and Argentina).
- who will remain in orphanages and child care centers until they have reached adult age (Palestine, Romania and China).
IAES has offered Expressive Sandwork sessions to children